WORLD DYSLEXIA AWARENESS WEEK | 1 – 7 October 2018
We invite you to join us in supporting World Dyslexia Awareness Week with activities of your own and participation at our scheduled events.
OUR THEME: EMBRACING DIVERSITY: DYSLEXIA & OTHER SPECIFIC LEARNING DISABILITIES
As part of the World Dyslexia Awareness Week (WDAW), the Maharashtra Dyslexia Association invites you to join us in spreading the word about SLD by planning events and posting activities on our WDAW Facebook. We hope you can share your experiences together with us in celebration of WDAW and to spread news and awareness of learning differences during this week. If you are planning activities at your institution during the week, we would be happy to share them by publishing details on our website and social media pages as a participating organisation:
We will be:
- Posting photos on WDAW Facebook
- Posting celebratory messages
- Posting photos / videos of activities conducted during the week
Daily Events planned by MDA:
- 2nd October: Poster competition for students on the theme ‘Embracing Dyslexia’
- 4th October : screening of movie Taare Zameen Par followed by Q&A session
- 1st-7th October: FREE two hour awareness workshop for teachers
- 1st-7th October: FREE one-hour talk for parents/employees
- 6th October: Workshop on Understanding and Interpreting Psycho-educational Reports at the MDA Centre, Dadar (East)
- 6th October: FREE Workshop for Parents on Understanding Behaviour at MDA Centre, Deonar
(For more details, log on to www.mdamumbai.com or follow us on Facebook).
Social Media Hashtag
In order to spread the word, please use the hashtags:
#EmbracingDyslexia #WeLearnDifferently #DYSISTALENT #mdadyslexia
FACEBOOK: Please LIKE and FOLLOW the World Dyslexia Awareness Week page.