* Internship Programme
Paid internship for fresh post-graduates in Clinical Psychology and graduates/post-graduates in Special Education.
Opportunity to get exposure and cutting-edge training in the emerging field of Specific Learning Disability along with guidance from experts.
* Dyslexia Therapist Training Program
A 2 year part-time certificate course in Dyslexia therapy organised in collaboration with the Multisensory Language Training Institute of New Mexico (MLTI-NM).
Includes theory and hands-on classes.
Trainees are required to complete 700 hours of hands-on teaching to qualify for certification.
Course completion certificates awarded by MLTI-NM and MDA jointly.
Lead Trainer: Sandra Dillon
M.A., CALT; Director, MLTI-NM; Certified Academic Language Therapist (CALT); Qualified Trainer and Qualified Instructor, with decades of experience at the Albuquerque Public School’s Language Clinic for Students with Dyslexia
Course Coordinator, Local Supervisor and Trainer: Masarrat Khan
M.A. (Cl. Psych), M.A. (Eng. Lit.), CALT; CEO, MDA
Graduation in Psychology, Human Development, Child Development, Language, Education or related fields. Preference to mainstream teachers, occupational and speech therapists and those already in the field of Special Education.
* Training in the use of the Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment Programme (FIE)
* Using Assistive Technology
* Short-term training programmes for professionals and parents in language, Mathematics and behaviour
* Other workshops and training programmes:
- Awareness workshops about Specific Learning Disability
- Teaching reading and comprehension in the mainstream classroom
- Teaching reading and comprehension to children with Specific Learning Disability
- Multi-sensory math for children with learning disabilities
For information on workshops and training programmes for schools, please visit MDA in Schools section on our website.