PROVISIONS MANDATED BY THE STATE SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD,
GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA, FOR ALL SCHOOLS IN THE STATE,
REGARDLESS OF AFFILIATION
PROVISIONS GRANTED BY THE MAHARASHTRA STATE
BOARD OF SECONDARY AND HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION IN
THE STATE OF MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- 25% Extra time
- Oral Test along with the written examination
for Standard I to IX
- Promotion to next class on the basis of
- Writer/ typewriter
- Question papers to be read out
- Exemption from the Second and Third Language
- Physiology-Hygiene and Home Science in place
Standard I to IV – errors of interchanging of computation signs and number reversal to be ignored
- Arithmetic of Standard V in Standard V & VI
- Arithmetic of Standard VI in Standard VII & VIII
- Arithmetic of Standard VII in Standard IX & X
- Use of Calculator at Class X Examination
- Spelling errors and incorrect sentence construction to be ignored.
- Errors in respect of showing directions in Geography to be ignored.
- Students between Standard I & IX exempted from drawing diagrams, graphs, and charts.
- Marks for such questions proportionately distributed to the other questions or students to be provided with supplementary questions.
- 20% consolidated grace marks in one or more subjects
- Students are permitted to write in ordinary print
- Exempted from having to write answers in detail during exams
How to apply for provisions –
- A Certificate is required from the Govt. Surgeon General in Mumbai.
- Certificate can be obtained from the LD Clinics of LTMG Hospital, Sion
, Nair Hospital and K.E.M Hospital.
- Applications along with the certificate must reach the Board by January.
- For students of standard V TO IX, the school may apply to the Deputy Director of Education through the Divisional Inspector.
- These provisions have been offered since 1996,
when the first batch of 13 students with dyslexia appeared for the SSC (Std X) exams. In 2001, the state government passed a Government Resolution formalizing these provisions.
- Similar provisions are available at the school level, for students from Std. I to IX. Schools are required to forward the relevant documentation to the Ward Education Officer at the local Municipal Department, to get the approval of the Dy. Director of Education (Secondary Schools). Schools that do not prepare students for the State Board examinations are also covered (i.e. ICSE and CBSE schools).
- A recent circular from the Dy. Director of Higher and Technical Education extends these provisions to Technical Institutions, Non-agricultural and Agricultural Universities, effectively covering students in under-and post-graduate courses.
- As a safeguard against fraudulent practices, the certificates are signed only by the Head of Department.
Select the your Board